Saturday, March 24, 2012

Asparagus

I can't believe it but I picked my first Asparagus today!  It's really early but with this weather I guess I'm not surprised.  It was only three spears but it will make a yummy dish for me.  Here's a new recipe to try.

 

Lemon-Tarragon Asparagus

  • 1 pound asparagus
  • 2 tsp olive oil
  • ½ tsp minced shallot or green onion
  • ½ tsp minced garlic
  • ¼ tsp fresh ground pepper
  • 1/8 tsp lemon zest
  • 1 tbsp lemon juice
  • 2 tsp tarragon
  • ½ tsp Dijon mustard
  • Salt to taste
Cook asparagus in boiling water until crisp tender, approximately 2 minutes. Heat olive oil in sauté pan and sauté onion and garlic. Remove from heat and add remaining ingredients. Stir or whisk together until well blended and drizzle over drained asparagus

No comments:

Post a Comment