- Cut cake that has been cooled into 1 inch, or so, squares and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine milk, cream, sugar, cinnamon, eggs, and pumpkin. Whisk until well combined.
- Carefully fold in cake pieces and fold gently until cake is completely covered.
- Pour into a 9×9 pan and bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes or until it is set.
- Serve warm with ice cream or whipped cream, or let cool and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Wednesday, November 21, 2012
Pumpkin Pudding Cake
This is a great little cake reminicent of a bread pudding but made with cake. You Gluten-Free folks will love this cake that is perfect for this time of year.
1 yellow cake mix, made and baked, according to package directions in a 9×9 pan ( I used a Betty Crocker gluten free yellow cake mix and it works great, I would guess any gluten free yellow cake would work as well.)
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup cream
1 tablespoon honey
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (I used pumpkin pie spice)
1 cup pumpkin puree
Posted by Grandma Farmer at 7:31 AM