- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 cups cut up rhubarb
- 2 cups cut up strawberries
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup certified gluten-free oats
- 1/4 cup Grandma Farmer's Better Than Wheat Flour Blend
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 cup butter (or dairy free substitute), cut into cubes
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the granulated sugar and cornstarch. Stir in the rhubarb, strawberries, and vanilla. Pour into an 8 x 8-inch baking pan.
- Stir together the oats, flour, brown sugar, and pumpkin pie spice. Using a pastry cutter, cut the cold butter into the oat/flour mixture, until large crumbs, about the size of a pea, remain.
- Sprinkle the crisp topping over the top of the fruit in the baking dish, and spread to create an even layer.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30-40 minutes, or until the fruit is hot and bubbly.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for at least 15 minutes before serving, the fruit sauce is very hot straight out of the oven. Delicious served warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
NOTE: If you do not need to be Gluten or Dairy free substitute evenly with regular flour, oats and butter.