Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal - Use the recipe from Day One and use diced, peeled apple in place of the raisins.
1/2 pound Steamed Asparagus
Mixed organic salad with Italian dressing - 2 cups
Fiesta Black Bean Salad, 1 cup
Mixed organic salad, 2 cups
Cherries, Grapes, or berries, 1 cup
Apple with peanut butter
Nut Cup (1/4 cup raw sunflower seeds, 2 tablespoons raw almonds and pistachios, 1 tablespoon raw walnuts and pecans, 1 tablespoon raw pumpkin seeds) MANDATORY
1 Banana MANDATORY
1 cup Raw Vegetables & Hummas or Black Bean Dip
Serves 2+ the toddler
1 cup refried pinto beans
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper (or to taste)
1/4 cups Salsa (we love our Fermented Salsa always in our frig)
2 medium peppers, roasted
4 med gluten-free corn tortillas
2 cups shredded cabbage
1 medium avocado, sliced
1/2 medium lime
4 tablespoons grated Mexican Blend Cheese
- Heat beans and cayenne pepper in a saucepan on med-high heat. Once the beans bubble stir in salsa and remove from heat.
- Spread 1/4 of the bean-salsa mixture on each tortilla.
- Cut peppers in half and place 1/2 pepper over beans on each tortilla.
- Add shredded cabbage and sliced avocado.
- Drizzle lime juice evenly over cabbage.
- Sprinkle cheese over cabbage.
- Roll tortilla into taquito and serve.
Fiesta Black Bean Salad
serves 2 + the toddler
1 1/2 teaspoon virgin olive oil
1/4 cup diced onion
1/8 teaspoon sea or kosher salt
pinch ground black pepper
1/8 tsp dried oregano
1/8 tsp ground cumin
1 green bell pepper, diced
2 med garlic cloves, minced
1/8 tsp red chili flakes (or to taste)
3/4 cups black beans, cooked, drained, and rinsed
3/4 cup frozen corn, thawed
1/2 Avocado, diced
1 med tomato, chopped
11/2 teaspoon lime juice
- Heat pan to medium-high heat. Add oil, onion, green pepper, salt, black pepper, cumin, and oregano. Saute for about 2 minutes until onion softens.
- Reduce heat to medium, add garlic with red chili flakes, heat 1 more minute, and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the black beans corn, tomatoes, cilantro and lime juice with the onion-spice mixture.
- Serve immediately or serve later chilled.
Menu Plan and recipes on this page adapted from The 30-Day Heart Tune-up by Steven Masley, MD