Breakfast Shake: (serves one), 1.5 cups milk or milk substitute (I used a container of full fat, raw milk yogurt and a bit of water, 1 cup frozen berries (or 1/2 banana and 1/2 cup berries), 1 tablespoon ground flax seed (grind in small coffee grinder or spice grinder), 1 scoop protein powder of your choice
Turkey Breast, 5-6 ounce, sliced. Wrap with 1 cup of sliced tomatoes and lettuce. You are allowed two gluten-free corn tortillas but I just made a salad. Mustard or Salsa are approved condiments.
Chicken Stir Fry with Orange-Ginger Sauce
Apple with peanut butter
Nut Cup (1/4 cup raw sunflower seeds, 2 tablespoons raw almonds and pistachios, 1 tablespoon raw walnuts and pecans, 1 tablespoon raw pumpkin seeds) MANDATORY
1 Banana MANDATORY
1 cup Raw Vegetables & Hummas or Black Bean Dip
Please note: USE ONLY US BROWN RICE! WE USE ONLY LUNDBERG RICE!
Chicken Stir-Fry served with left-over Brown Rice made yesterday
serves two + the toddler
1 1/2 teaspoon nut oil (almond or walnut)
1 1/2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger root
1/2 medium onion, diced
3/4 pound organic, free-range chicken, cut into strips
2 med garlic cloves, minced
1/2 red bell pepper, sliced (can use green)
1 cup snow peas
1 cup broccoli, sliced
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
pinch red pepper flakes
3 tablespoons chicken broth (homemade preferred)
1 green onion, roots trimmed and discarded, sliced
1 1/2 teaspoon grated orange rind from organic orange
3 tablespoons orange juice, freshly squeezed and seeds removed.
1 1/2 teaspoon gluten-free tamari sauce or liquid aminos
1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
1 teaspoon tapioca starch
Garnish: 1 tablespoon chipped cashews, toasted
- Heat large saute pan over med-high heat. Add oil, ginger root, and onion, and stir occasionally until onion becomes translucent, about 2 minutes. Add chicken and stir until opaque, 4-5 minutes.
- To the pan add garlic bell pepper, broccoli, snow peas, pepper and chili flakes. Stir occasionally for 2-3 minutes.
- In a bowl, mix the broth, green onions, orange rind, orange juice, tamari sauce, sesame oil, and tapioca starch
- When vegetables are brightly colored and tender-crisp, add liquid to skillet and stir until chicken and vegetables are coated with the thickened sauce, 1-2 minutes
- Toast nuts for 1 minutes in saute pan on med-high heat and sprinkle over stir-fry.
- Serve immediately over hot brown rice.
15 ounces black beans, cooked, drained and rinsed
1 medium red bell pepper, roasted
1/2 cup prepared Mexican salsa
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1/8 tsp red chili flakes (or to taste)
2 tbsp. grated Monterey Jack cheese
Rinse and drain beans, In a food processer, combine ingredients and blend until smooth. Heat and serve with julienned vegetables or baked tortillas cut into triangles.
Menu Plan and recipes on this page adapted from The 30-Day Heart Tune-up by Steven Masley, MD