Cinnamon Raisin Oatmeal with 1/2 cup Blueberries and whole raw milk
Hot Herbal Cinnamon Tea
Grilled Organic, Free-range Chicken over Mixed Greens and Vegetables, Vinigrette
Unsweetened, Ice Peach Tea
Grilled Spiced Citrus Salmon, 1/2-3/4 cup Brown rice, Broccoli Shitake Mushroom Saute (1 cup), Mixed Green salad (2 cups) as for lunch
Apple with peanut butter
Nut Cup (1/4 cup raw sunflower seeds, 1 tablespoon walnuts, hazelnuts and pecans, 2 tablespoons raw almonds, and 2 Brazil nuts)
Raw Vegetables & Hummas
Please note: USE ONLY US BROWN RICE! WE USE ONLY LUNDBERG RICE!
Plan your day:
Morning or night before
- Thaw your chicken and Salmon in the refrigerator.
- Make enough salad in the morning to get you through the entire day for all members of your family joining in the plan.
- Cook your chicken, leave enough in frig for lunch then freeze the rest. If you are using what you've previously prepared then thaw what you need for lunch in the refrigerator.
- We suggest using DRY BEANS to avoid the BPA and other things in your commercially canned beans. If you use commercially canned beans PLEASE rinse well. I keep a supply of pre-cooked beans in the freezer and get out what I need for the day each morning.
- Busy Afternoon? Rice can be made ahead (try using chicken stock for at least half the water when cooking the rice) and warmed for Supper and you can do all the vegetable slicing and keep it in the refrigerator for later.
Cinnamon Raisin Oatmeal
(Serves Gabriella and I)
1/2 cup gluten free rolled oats
1/2 cup raisins
1.4 teaspoon Cinnamon
1 teaspoon coconut sugar
1 cup water
Bring to simmer, reduce heat, cover and cook on low 5 minutes. Stir, cover and cook another 5 min. Add some additional water if necessary. Place in bowl and add milk or milk substitute as desired.
Grilled Chicken over Mixed Greens and Vegetables
NOTE: I cook the chicken ahead, slice and freeze. Then I thaw and use in the salad
Serves ONE (I give Gabriella some of this and she also gets some kind of gluten-free muffin with fruit)
4 ounces skinless, boneless, organic, free-range Chicken breast
2 cups mixed organic salad greens (I add a leaf of chopped kale)
1/4 cup shredded carrot (optional)
1/4 thinly sliced red onion (optional)
1/4 cup diced cucumber (optional)
4 cherry tomatoes
6 tablespoons garbanzo beans, cooked, rinsed, drained
1/2 cup cooked, quartered, drained artichoke hearts (I use 3 oz Native Forest Marinated Artichoke Hearts)
1 tablespoon Dried Cranberries
1 tablespoon raw almonds (chopped or use slivers)
- Set grill at 450 degrees or turn on the broiler. Mix us a low carb vinaigrette and set aside 4 teaspoons for this salad.
- Marinate chicken breasts in your favorite low-carb marinade for 15minutes.
- Shake off excess marinade and grill 4-5 minutes on each side. Let rest 10 minutes before slicing into 1/2 inch strips.
- Combine salad greens, tomatoes, carrot, cucumber, garbanzo beans and artichoke hearts in a salad bowl and toss with 4 teaspoons vinaigrette dressing.
- Plate salad and lay chicken slices over it. Garnish with berries and nuts.
Spiced Citrus Salmon
Serves 2 + our 2 yr old
3/4 pound salmon Fillets (wild caught please)
1/2 cup orange juice (I juiced a whole organic orange and grated the peel for later use, DO NOT use citrus peel from a conventional, non-organic fruit)
1/2 medium lemon
1/4 teaspoon sea or kosher salt
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon coconut sugar
1/2 teaspoon dried dill week
Olive Oil Spray
- Rinse salmon fillets in cold water. Marinate in orange juice for 15 minutes. Preheat grill to 450 degrees. Drain fillets and pat dry with paper towels.
- Sprinkle lemon juice over fillets. Combine salt, pepper, paprika, cayenne, sugar and dill weed. Sprinke over the salmon and spray oil over herb-coated fillets.
- Grill 4-5 minutes per side.
Serves 2+ our toddler
1 tsp virgin olive oil
1/4 yellow onion, sliced into long slivers
1 cup shitake mushrooms, sliced long slices
1/2 cup garbanzo beans, cooked, rinsed and drained
1/8 teaspoon sea or kosher salt
pinch ground black peper
1/2 teaspoon dried Italian herbs
1 teaspoon white wine
2 cups broccoli, sliced into 2-3 inch slices
- Heat pan to medium-high. Add oil, onion, mushrooms, salt, pepper and herbs. Saute 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add wine, beans and broccoli, cover and steam for 2-3 minutes until broccoli is al dente.
Menu Plan and recipes on this page adapted from The 30-Day Heart Tune-up by Steven Masley, MD