picture from www.foodnetwork.com
Fresh Peach Cake
1 stick unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 1/2 cups sugar, divided
3 large eggs, at room temperature
1 cup sour cream, at room temperature
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 scant cups 'Better Than Wheat' Gluten-Free Flour Blend
1/2 teaspoon Guar Gum
1/2 teaspoon Xanthan Gum
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
3 large, ripe peaches, peeled, pitted and sliced
3/4 cup chopped pecans.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 9 x 12 inch baking pan.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer beat the butter and 1 cup of the sugar for 3-5 minutes on med-high, until light and fluffy. Turn the mixer to low and add the eggs, one at a time. Add the sour cream and vanilla. Mix until batter is smooth.
- Whisk together the flour, gums, soda, power and salt. Stir into batter on low speed mixing until just combined.
- Combine the remaining 1/2 cup sugar and the cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Spread half of the batter evenly in the pan. Top with half of the peaches, sprinkle with two-thirds of the sugar mixture. Spread the remaining batter on top, arrange the remaining peaches on top and sprinkle with the remaining sugar mixture and the pecan.
- Bake the cake for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out CLEAN. Serve warm or at room temperature.