8 ounces Thinly Sliced Roast Beef
8 slices Provolone Cheese
1 medium Sweet Onion
8 ounces Baby Bella Mushrooms
2 Green Peppers
2 cloves minced garlic
2 Tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons olive oil
Sea Salt and Pepper to taste
- Slice peppers in half lenthwise, remove ribs and seeds
- Slice onions and mushrooms. Saute over medium heat with butter, olive oil, and a little salt and pepper. Saute until onions and mushrooms are nice and caramelized. About 25-30 minutes. Add the minced garlic the last minute.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Slice roast beef into thin strips and add to the onion/mushroom mixture. Allow to cook 5-10 minutes.
- Line the inside of each pepper with a slice of provolone cheese
- Fill each pepper with meat mixture until they are nearly overflowing
- Top each pepper with another slice of provolone cheese.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until the cheese on top is golden brown.
- Make 4 servings - 6 carb per serving.