Monday, September 3, 2012

Pincushion Gifts





I was looking for a Pincushion to make for a gift exchange at my quilt group and found this cute idea.  I think I'm going to use the tiny 4 ounce canning jars and fill it with old buttons.  Maybe I'll use this idea for gifts for all my sewing friends!





Supplies you will need:• Mason jar (complete with ring and lid sealer)
• Fabric
• Cardboard
• Batting
• Glue Gun
• Scissors
• Pen

Step 1:• Trace lid sealer onto cardboard and cut out.
• Cut a circle out of fabric that is approximately 1" in diameter larger than the lid sealer. Don't worry about it being perfect because your edges will soon be tucked away and out of site.

Step 2:
• Form batting into a ball and place between fabric and cardboard circles. Push through bottom of ring until fabric and batting pop through the top and cardboard hits the rim.

Step 3:
• Fold edges of fabric around the cardboard and tightly glue into place. If it's too bulky the lid will not screw onto the jar. I learned this the hard way. Thanks again sis for bailing me out ;)

Step 4:
• Line inside rim and center of cardboard with glue. Push Sealer through rim and hold firmly until glue is set.

Step 5:• Stick pins into cushion, screw lid onto jar and fill with all types of sewing goodness.

Used by permission from the LITTLE PAPER DOG

No comments:

Post a Comment