1/4 teaspoon xantham gum
1/4 teaspoon guar gum
1 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon mustard powder
1 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh herbs or 1/2 teaspoon dried
2 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup shredded cheese
6 tablespoons sour cream or yogurt (1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons)
2 tablespoon milk or milk alternative
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, gums, baking powder and soda, mustard powder and herbs.
3. Using bastry blender cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs and the pieces of butter are the size of peas. Stir in shredded cheese.
4. In a small bowl or measuring cup, mix together sour cream/yogurt and milk. Add sour cream mixture to the dry mixture. Stir until just combined.
5. Turn dough out onto a well-floured counter and knead a few times with floured hands. Pat dough out with your hands to about one-inch thickness. Cut biscuits using a biscuit cutter or cut into desired shapes with a knife.
6. Bake for 12-15 minutes until golden brown.
**Any combination of herbs may be used. I used Herbs d'Provence but you could use 1/2 T. fresh chives along sith some dried herbs like 1/2 t. basil and 1/2 t. marjoram.