- 1 cups cooked rice
- 1/2 pound grass-fed, organic ground beef, chuck or round
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons cup chopped green or red bell pepper
- 1 can (15 ounces black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 3/4 teaspoons chili powder
- Dash garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoons fresh chopped cilantro
- Shredded Cheddar cheese or Mexican blend of cheeses, for topping
Cook rice and set aside. Lightly grease a 1-quart casserole. Heat oven to 350°.
Cook the beef and onion until beef is no longer pink; add bell pepper and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes longer. Stir in all remaining ingredients except cheese. Stir in cooked rice. Spoon the mixture into a casserole. Bake for 25 minutes. Top with shredded cheese and cook for 5 minutes longer, or until cheese is melted.
Serve with fresh vegetable salad.