1 stalks celery, finely chopped
1 1/2 bell peppers, large dice (use variety of colors)
1 pint jar tomatoes
1 small onion, chopped
1 clove garlic
1/2 pound ground beef
1 cup cooked Kidney Beans
1/3 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped and loosely packed
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar, to taste
1/4 cup homemade beef broth
extra virgin olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 450° F.
2. Place 1 rimmed baking sheet to preheat in the oven. (optional, but helps cook the veggies faster and gives them a nice roasted bottom.)
3. Take chopped cauliflower and toss it in a large bowl with 1-2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil. Add in d salt. Toss to coat.
4. In another bowl, toss the tomatoes, onion, and peppers in a tbsp of extra virgin olive oil, salt and freshly ground pepper.
5. Once oven is heated, take out baking sheet and line with parchment paper, if desired. Place in an even layer the cauliflower on one side and the rest of the veggies on the other.
6. Bake until nicely roasted, about 20-25 minutes.
7. While baking, saute garlic in extra virgin olive oil over medium heat. Add celery and cook until slightly softened.
8. Add in beef and brown, adding salt and pepper to taste. Add cooked beans to beef.
9. Once veggies are done, remove them (except for cauliflower) from their baking sheets and add to the beef mixture. Pour in broth and vinegar and simmer until cooked down slightly. Stir in parsley.
10. While mixture is cooking down, place the cauliflower in a high-powered blender or food processor and puree. You may need to add more salt at this point.
11. Pour into 8″ pie plate and top with the roasted cauliflower puree.
12. Bake at 375° for 15-25 minutes or until heated and the topping has a golden colour.