We have the crud at our house. Nothing helps more than good old chicken soup. Minus the noodles for us gluten-intolerant folks. So add them if you can. If you use gluten-free noodles go ahead. Today I'm just going to enjoy the broth.
- 8 cups water or 8 cups homemade chicken bone broth
- 1 cup carrot, cut into slices
- 1 cup celery, cut into slices
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 bay leaves
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- 4 teaspoons salt (to taste)
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper , to taste
- 1 roasting chicken
Combine water, carrots, celery, onion, garlic, bay leaves, thyme, salt, and pepper in crock-pot.
Place whole chicken on top of vegetables.
Cover with lid and cook on low setting 8 to 10 hours or on high 4-5 hours.
Transfer chicken to cutting board. Discard bay leaves. Remove and discard skin, fat and bones from chicken; shred meat.
Return chicken to soup and serve.