This is a perfect alternative for maio on a great Chicken or Turkey Sandwich. Add the chutney, baby lettuce greens, sliced tomatoes and you are set with a delish sandwich on whole grain or gluten free buns or rolls.
- 2 ripe but firm mangos, cut and peeled, cubed into 1/2-inch cubes
- Olive oil
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 Tbsp diced fresh ginger
- 2 Tbsp chopped raisins
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- Scant pinch of red pepper flakes
- 4 Tbsp coconut sugar or 2 Tbsp Honey
- 3 Tbsp pure apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- Salt to taste
MethodHeat 1 Tbsp olive oil in a large sauté pan on medium heat. Add the onions and cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook a minute more. Add the chopped mango, ginger, raisins, mustard seeds, red pepper flakes, vinegar, water, and sugar. Bring to a simmer, reduce heat to low, cover the pan, and let cook gently for 30 minutes.
Store in Refrigerator.