Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Counting Fog



Well we are experiencing the first fog of the season this morning.  Not a big one....but fog none-the-less.  Folk Lore says that you can count 90 days from a fog and that is when it will snow........unless, of course, it will rain within 3 days.  I don't think we're expecting rain (still hoping) so with that aside it looks like snow on October 31st. 

I guess I have to much time on my hands but I kind of have fun with marking these days on the calendar to see if it comes to pass.  The thickness of the fog also apparently has something to do with the heaviness of the snow.  Heavy thick fog = blizzard, light fog = light snow.  The above picture is one I lifted from the internet because the fog this morning was very light and did not last long enough for me to grab a camera and photograph it.  Not saying much for snow chances for this one. 

Some years it's been pretty acurate, other years.........not so much.





Picture Credits:  Early morning fog along Houston's Braes Bayou uh.edu

No comments:

Post a Comment