We love Chinese food and miss getting to go to our favorite Chinese restaurant now that I am gluten-free. I found this recipe after seeing a show on the Food Network and adapeted it from www.food.com to serve the two of us.
3/4 pound boneless chicken breast and/or thigh, but into bite-size pieces
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 small garlic clove, minsed
1/8 teaspoon ginger
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (more if you like it hotter)
2 tablespoons apple juice or white wine
1 tablespoon coconut sugar
1 tablespoon ketchup
1 1/2 teaspoon pure apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup water
1 tablespoon Gluten-Free Tamari sauce
- Heat the oil in a large skillet
- Add the chicken pieces and cook until lightly browned.
- Remove chicken from skillet & reserve.
- Add remaining ingredients to skillet and heat over medium heat. Stir until well mixed together.
- Add chicken back to skillet and bring to a hard boil
- Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Serve over Hot Coconut Bake Brown Rice