1 1/2 cups egg whites
1 1/2 cups sifted powdered sugar
1 cup all purpose gluten-free flour (for cakes like mine)
1 1/2 teaspoon Cream of Tartar (be sure it's fairly fresh)
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup sugar
- Place egg whites in a very large mixing bowl and let sand a room temperature for 30 minutes
- Sift powdered sugar and flour together (I found wisking well worked fine)
- Beat egg whites, cream of tarar and vinilla wih elecric ixer on med-high speed until soft peaks form (the tips curl).
- Gradually add sugar, 2 tablespoons at a time, beating until stiff peaks form (stand straight up).
- Gently fold in flour, one-fourth at a time.
- Spoon into lined cup-cake cups (about 18).
- Bake for 15-18 minutes
2 cups powdered sugar, grated peel of one organic lemon, juice of one lemon. Combine all. Prick top of ho cupcakes with fork or toothpick. pour one tablespoon glaze over each cupcake, then pu back into the warm but urned off over for 3-4 minutes.
This post is linked to Gluten-Free Wednesdays over at Gluten-Free Homemaker.