1 1/4 cup flax seed meal (can easily grind your own in a small coffee grinder)
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 tablespoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 large farm fresh, free-range eggs, beaten
1/4 cup olive oil
1/2 cup sugar equivalent Stevia dissolved in 1/2 cup water or use 1/4 cup honey and 1/4 cup water
1 tablespoon vanilla
2 tablespoons grated ORGANIC orange peel
3/4 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Liberally butter muffin tins. Do not use paper muffin liners - THEY WILL STICK.
- Mix dry ingredients and wet ingredients (minus the cranberries) separately, then mix them together.
- Let mixture stand for 10 minutes to thicken.
- Fold in cranberries.
- Fill each muffin cup half way and sprinkle with nuts.
- Bake about 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
NOTE: Assuming a zero-carb sweetener each of these muffins have 2 grams carbohydrate, 6 grams fiber and 6 grams protein.