- 3/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Instant (SAF) active dry yeast
- 1 1/2 cups gluten-free flour (see Grandma Farmers Gluten-Free Better Than Wheat Blend)
- 1 teaspoon unflavord gelatin powder
- 2 teaspoons xanthan gum or 2 teaspoons guar gum (I actually use 1 teaspoon of each)
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese, for garnish
- In medium mixer bowl using regular beaters, combine warm water, sugar, eggs, oil and vinegar until smooth.
- Add yeast, flours, gelatin, xanthan gum, rosemary, onion powder and salt.
- Beat for 2 minutes; dough will be soft and sticky.
- Oil 11x7-inch baking pan (cookie sheet type with sides). Transfer dough to pan and spread out a bit, cover, and let rise in warm place for 30 minutes, or until dough is level with top of pan (this took quite a bit longer for me).
- Preheat oven to 400°F Sprinkle focaccia with topping ingredients (except for Parmesan cheese). Bake for 20-25 minutes, until golden brown.
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top, cut and serve.
- Herb Topping: Combine 1/2 tsp EACH dried rosemary, sage and thyme; 1/4 tsp black pepper; and 2 T grated Parmesan cheese.
- Sun-dried Tomato & Olive Topping: Saute 1/4 C minced sun-dried tomatoes, 1/4 C sliced black olives, and 1/4 C chopped onion in 1 tsp olive oil.
- Pesto Topping: Puree in food processor just until smooth, leaving a bit of texture: 1 C fresh basil leaves, 1 garlic clove, 1/2 C pine nuts. With motor running, slowly add 1/4 C olive oil through feed tube. Add 1/4 C grated Parmesan cheese and dash of black pepper.
- Caramelized Onion Topping: Sprinkle focaccia dough with 1 to 2 teaspoons dried oregano, thyme, or herb of choice. Then top with 2 C of chopped, sauteed onions that have been tossed with 1 T olive oil. Bake as directed.