Monday, August 20, 2012

Flannel Butterfly Quilt


Adorable is all I can say.   Believe it or not this is actually a Simplicity pattern!  Simplicity has around 6 different sets of patterns available for these darling quilts.  It is created with flannel, prequilted and then pieced together with fabric edges exposed so they frey.  This one is for my granddaughter, Audry, for Christmas.  I pictured the one I made for Jenny several months ago and I've made another for Bridgett so far.  Mariah's butterfly is next followed by three Dinasours, a Nemo fish, some smaller butterflies and a turtle.  What fun!

Each of these quilts gets better the more knowledge I have of the pattern.  Pratice makes perfect!  The biggest trick is remembering to make one wing set a mirror image of the other.

I think the kids are going to love them!

No comments:

Post a Comment