Ever since I owned a coffee shop that came with a Basil Tomato Soup recipe (all convience ingredients) I've wanted to figure out a way to make it from scratch, especially after I found out I was gluten-intolerant. I believe I've done it!!!!
1/2 cup organic butter from grass-fed cows
3 quarts chopped, organic, roma tomatoes
20 leaves fresh basil
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
2 cloves minced garlic
sea salt and black pepper to taste
1/4 cup Beef Gelatin (made from grass-fed cows) - opt
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup yogurt
- In a large pan over med-high heat, place the butter and tomatoes. Bring to a simmer then lower the heat and simmer 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle in the beef gelatin and shisk in well until dissolved.
- Add the basil the last 10 minutes of cooking along with the garlic, nutmeg and oregano.
- Blend with an emersion blender or in a regular blender (be careful it's hot).
- Add the sour cream and yogurt and blend in.
- Check your seasoning and add more if necessary.