Friday, August 17, 2012

Creamy Tomato Soup

This soup make 8 servings.  I freeze two cups in zipper bags and freeze.  Each bag makes two servings.



Ever since I owned a coffee shop that came with a Basil Tomato Soup recipe (all convience ingredients) I've wanted to figure out a way to make it from scratch, especially after I found out I was gluten-intolerant.  I believe I've done it!!!!



1/2 cup organic butter from grass-fed cows
3 quarts chopped, organic, roma tomatoes
20 leaves fresh basil
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
2 cloves minced garlic
sea salt and black pepper to taste
1/4 cup Beef Gelatin (made from grass-fed cows) - opt
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup yogurt

  1. In a large pan over med-high heat, place the butter and tomatoes.  Bring to a simmer then lower the heat and simmer 30 minutes. 
  2. Sprinkle in the beef gelatin and shisk in well until dissolved.
  3. Add the basil the last 10 minutes of cooking along with the garlic, nutmeg and oregano.
  4. Blend with an emersion blender or in a regular blender (be careful it's hot).
  5. Add the sour cream and yogurt and blend in.
  6. Check your seasoning and add more if necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment